Advanced orchestra students will participate in large ensemble rehearsals, small group coaching, and master classes and have the opportunity to perform and be coached by our professional faculty.
This music-intensive session begins with a placement assessment Monday, July 2. Students should come prepared to play scales and their best piece, as well as complete a short written music assessment.
Some students will also be placed in chamber ensembles. Students who are not selected or who do not indicate they would like to participate in small chamber groups will participate in WILDArts electives. Students are able to rank the WILDArts preferences through the application process. WILDArts classes may include movement, visual arts, theatre arts, and/or creative writing.
Students participating in this session will:
- Improve musical expression through attention to tempo, rhythm, phrasing, dynamics, and articulation
- Broaden repertoire by playing music from different cultures and historical periods
- Be able to identify and apply musical elements, symbols, and terms in expressing musical emotions and ideas
- Perform a collaborative work alongside vocal students
- Become more knowledgeable about career opportunities in music
- Learn how to prepare for auditions and professional performances
Click here to check out our slideshow from our Advanced sessions in 2017!
Students begin the day at 9 AM with a 90-minute orchestra rehearsal, followed by an hour of sectional work, group lessons, and master classes. After lunch, the students participate in two hours of chamber music or WILDArts elective activities, with 15 minute breaks between each hour. The day concludes with a final orchestra rehearsal from 3:30 – 5 PM.
For more details
Contact Shea Williamson at 501.821.7275 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click here to apply today!