Students in the WAMA intermediate instrumental session will participate in semi-private lessons, scales classes and instrumental ensembles under the guidance of skilled instructors and mentors. A supportive environment enables students to build on skills they already possess, preparing them for advanced study and performance opportunities.
Students wishing to enroll in the intermediate instrumental session will participate in a placement assessment on Monday, July 16. Students should come prepared to play scales and their best piece, as well as complete a short written music assessment.
Some students will also be placed in chamber ensembles. Students who are not selected or who do not indicate they would like to participate in small chamber groups will participate in WILDArts electives. Students are able to rank the WILDArts preferences through the application process. WILDArts classes may include movement, visual arts, theatre arts, and/or creative writing.
Students participating in this session will:
- Learn to adapt their playing in an ensemble environment to achieve blend and balance
- Broaden their repertoire by playing music from different cultures and historical periods
- Strengthen their ability to read music and understand musical terminology
- Improve their musical expression through attention to tempo, rhythm, phrasing, dynamics, and articulation
- Review and apply appropriate techniques and etiquette during rehearsal and performance
Click here to check out our slideshow from our Intermediate sessions in 2017!
Students in the intermediate instrumental session spend their days studying music, participating in various ensembles, and the option to explore WILDArts. Students have a lunch break around noon. The day ends at 3 PM.
For more details
Contact Sydney Hickok at 501.821.7275 or email@example.com.
Click here to apply today!