Students in the WILDMusic beginner instrumental session participate in music and two WILDArts classes in a fun and exciting environment. Beginning instrumental students have the option to participate in the Violin & WILDArts session to receive in-depth violin instruction which will improve aural skills, dexterity, and coordination – OR – they can choose to participate in the Ukulele & WILDArts session, where they will explore rhythm, compositional skills, and chord recognition. All WILDMusic students will be guided by experienced and dedicated instructors. WILDArts classes may include movement, visual arts, theatre arts, and/or creative writing.
Students participating in this session will:
- Explore instruments in a creative, playful environment
- Gain hands-on experience playing with instruments
- Identify and perform rhythmic and melodic variation of simple songs
- Improvise and repeat melodic and rhythmic patterns
- Identify notes on lines and spaces in the treble and bass clef
- Play basic articulation patterns
- Improve personal and group coordination and attention
Click here to check out our slideshow from our Beginner sessions in 2017!
Students in the beginner instrumental session will evenly spend their time exploring music and WILDArts. Students have a lunch break around noon. The day ends at 3 PM.
For more details
Contact Sydney Hickok at 501.821.7275 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click here to apply today!